Open-Source Mobile Money Payment System for Energy Access

Thanks Olouch for your feedback. I will let @dan to answer your first question.
I do agree having menu in the local dialects will be handy in addressing significant consideration challenges by last mile user. I guess one can look this development in stages.

1 Like

Hi Oluoch,

thank you very much for your valuable feedback and comments. I agree, it will improve the user experience significantly if we add local language support.

Regarding your question: Yes, the payment system can be used on feature phones as well as on smartphones. All feature phones can access the payment service via USSD. We are planning to implement all banking functionalities via the USSD API service of Africa’s Talking, so that end users can send and receive money via their feature phone.

Best,
Dan

1 Like

Hello Dan,

Thanks for the insightful feedback. Indeed this technology will have a high impact on not only the sector players, but also the end users. A big game changer.

Thumbs up & all the best!

1 Like

Hi Dan,

this sounds indeed really interesting.
How will the customer know his/her exchange rate. Or asked in another way, how is the exchange rate calculated. Not in detail but rather in general ?

Best

Hi Konsch,

thank you for your contribution and sorry for the delay. I just saw your post.
We plan to use a third party API to get the latest exchange rate.
As an example, we could use e.g. https://www.exchangerate-api.com/docs/supported-currencies

So, we would calculate the latest exchange rate before each payment transaction and display it on the app or feature phone.
A user would need to confirm the exchange rate before completing the payment process.

Does this answer your question?

Best,
Dan